You cannot grow a normal crop without spraying – any summer resident – a gardener or a gardener – will agree with this statement. And if several rows of potatoes or a couple of bushes can still be sprayed by dipping brooms into a bucket, then this, obviously old-fashioned method, is not applicable to everything else on the site. You need a good sprayer, you can choose traveling sprinkler.
The need for this device arises already in early spring, when the plants are just beginning to develop. At this time, the treatment should be the most abundant. In summer – less, except for prevention. In early autumn, when the fruits on the trees are already ripe and filled with juice, it is better not to water them with chemistry. After all, it already, in principle, will not improve the harvest, but it can bring harm.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
Sprayers are used very widely:
- For feeding, stimulating growth, increasing yields, increasing fruits;
- To get rid of pests – insects, beetles, their larvae, aphids and various harmful microorganisms;
- For irrigation with clean water of particularly demanding and heat-sensitive plants, as well as house flowers in pots;
- For washing and cleaning various surfaces – windows, floors, furniture and even cars.
- Thus, such devices are popular with summer residents, farmers, and cleaning companies.
TYPES AND OPPORTUNITIES
The sprayer is a device that delivers a jet of liquid under pressure. You can create this pressure with your own hands by pressing the lever (which is a little tedious and long), or you can use a power drive. It is much more convenient and faster – you just need to press a button and direct the jet, and the motor and pump will do the rest.
Sprayer engines are gasoline and electric. The electric motor is powered by a built-in battery, since it is extremely inconvenient to drag the power cable while spraying growing plants.
Different models of sprayers differ from each other not only in the presence of a motor, its type and power, but also in other technical parameters. Sprayers vary in design, pump design, and fluid tank size. They have different performance characteristics: jet range (varies from 1 meter to 15 meters), ability to work with tall trees, pressure force, functionality. Some models have the ability to create “drops”, fine mist. The most functional ones have an electrostatic charge system.
We will focus on the engine and tell you which sprayers are better – mechanical, gasoline or battery.
1. MANUAL (MECHANICAL) SPRAYERS
Hand tools are good for vegetable gardens, flower beds, low shrubs, young trees. The pressure is created by the user himself, using his own muscular strength. There are several types of such units:
The most inexpensive, but also the most unproductive. You need to hold the sprayer itself with both hands and press its lever regularly. One press – one injection. Good for flower beds, house plants, small beds. The liquid tank is the smallest, the volume is from half a liter to a liter. Spraying range – up to 1 meter.
The name of the device itself indicates that it is equipped with a booster pump. That is, it is much easier to pump air. The pump generates pressure by partially holding the pressure at a certain level. You only need to download it periodically. A few pumps – and you can spray for a couple of minutes without straining. This device looks more complicated and externally. It has a hose that allows you to spray a jet 1-5 meters. The reservoir is increased in volume and holds from 3 to 12 liters of chemicals. By weight, they are heavier than spray guns, but it is not difficult to hold in your hands, since there is a shoulder strap.
The most advanced technology in the category of mechanical sprayers. The fastening is very conveniently thought out – it is a knapsack type. The straps lie on the shoulders, behind the back there is a tank, and the arms are completely free. With one hand, you need to press the lever (a few clicks – the pump holds the pressure for a while), and with the other hand, direct the spray nozzle to the desired place.
- Low purchase price.
- Free to operate, since they do not require either gasoline or a socket.
- Easy to repair if broken.
- Clean and quiet operation.
- Low performance.
- Carrying the device with a full tank, operating the nozzle, and even pressing the lever all the time – from these procedures, fatigue is guaranteed.
- Spray guns for large areas are not used.
- The volume of the reservoir is usually small and will not last long
2. PETROL (MOTOR SPRAYERS)
Gasoline sprayers are designed for large areas of 30-50 hundredths (often even more), old high gardens, city parks. Their advantage is in power and performance. In a few minutes, they will do the same job efficiently and efficiently as hand sprayers in a couple of hours.
The gasoline engine is durable, has an increased service life, works stably, does not lose speed under load, turns on automatically when the pressure in the pump drops.
The spray quality is much higher as the functionality is expanded. Droplet function, fog spray, electrostatic charge (sticking) can be activated. They work fully with different nozzles and in different modes.
When working, they are so powerful that you can reach the far corner of the plantings without moving. Or direct a powerful stream upward to a tree without using a stepladder. Spraying range horizontally – 10-15 meters, vertically – 8-12 meters. You should be aware that not all gasoline devices have a vertical spray function, for this they must be equipped with a special injection pump.
The chemistry tank with a volume of 25-30 liters makes it possible to walk over a large area without stopping. The most powerful and heaviest models are mounted on transport wheels and equipped with a transport handle.
Quality manufacturers always take care of a decent anti-vibration system so that your hands don’t shake after a long time.
- Powerful and productive.
- High efficiency.
- High processing speed.
- Application in large areas.
- Wide functionality.
- Increased capacity for chemistry, which makes it possible not to interrupt for a long time.
- ICE maintenance is a troublesome business, it requires knowledge and skills. We need regular maintenance, replacement of brushes, filters, spark plugs, etc., which clearly “hits the pocket.”
- Wasteful. The price is high, refueling with petrol and oil is expensive.
- Use in closed rooms is prohibited – you can get poisoned by exhaust gases.
- Heavy weight.
- Dimensional for storage and carrying.
3. CORDLESS SPRAYERS
Such devices are often called electrical for the reason that the pump is started up by means of an electric motor. But this motor does not receive power directly from the mains, but from the built-in lithium-ion battery. That is, the outlet is needed only for charging, but otherwise – full autonomy of work, quiet, clean, without exhaust and powerful enough. The functionality is not inferior to gasoline, and nozzles can be connected to all existing types – single, double, jet, drip, “tumanki”, rotary, adjustable and even brush – for washing.
These devices are not cheap compared to manual ones. After all, a modern rechargeable battery with a decent capacity and powerful voltage is valued very expensively, practically – more than half the price of the sprayer itself. But you pay a higher price for excellent comfort during operation – the motor starts the pump by itself, automatically turning on when the pressure drops, it does not buzz and does not give out gray smoke and smelly gases. Compared to gasoline, the price is no different.
When choosing a battery sprayer, it is better to take a higher price, since such batteries do not lose their charge, they have a detrimental “memory effect”, they behave adequately both in extreme heat and in cold air.
Like their mechanical counterparts, battery-powered atomizers are divided into several groups, depending on the design.
- Manual ones – we carry them in our hands, but it’s not as tiring as with a mechanical one, since the motor works, and the pump pumps air. You just hold the device and direct the nozzle.
- Shoulder straps – with one shoulder strap. Travel bag type. It is better than in the hands, the weight of the machine is supported on the shoulder.
- Knapsack. The most convenient attachment type. Weight is evenly distributed over both shoulders and back. Hands do not rest, being engaged only in pressing a button (occasionally) and operating the nozzle (constantly). Some popular manufacturers, such as the Dutch Iron Angel, are very creative with massage-effect straps. The back not only does not get tired, but is also massaged during prolonged work.
- Wheeled. The heaviest models are equipped with transport wheels, 8-10 kg. Add to this weight a filled tank of 15-20 liters, and you will realize that such a weight is simply impossible to carry. For healthy men – within the power, but why strain so much? If the sprayer on wheels can be carried anywhere by holding the convenient handle. Such a comfortable option is often taken care of by well-known manufacturers such as Sadko and GRUNHELM.
Cordless sprayers are considered good for small to medium sized areas as they typically run for 30-40 minutes. To work longer, buy a battery with 12 Volt_7-8 Ampere hours, they are powerful enough to hold a charge for a long time. For smaller areas, greenhouses, less capacious batteries are also suitable – 2-3 ampere hours, for medium areas – 5 a / hour. Such batteries are cheaper, and half an hour of work is enough for you to spray a garden or vegetable garden.
The volume of the tank for diluted or powder chemistry is in the range from 5 to 20 liters, the flow rate is usually 1-2 liters, in more powerful models – up to 4 liters per minute. The jet in the most productive battery technology hits 12-15 meters, but the function of vertical spraying is not often found in them.
- Mobility and autonomy
- Quiet work.
- Ecologically clean.
- Ideal for closed spaces – greenhouses and conservatories.
- You need to monitor the charge, ideally, it is better to have two batteries per shift.
- Typically, a two-hour charge is enough for half an hour to 40 minutes of operation.
- They are more expensive than manual (mechanical) devices.